Guruku, idolaku.


Hello, assalamualaikum.

I think I should change my own purpose of having a blog. I used to write for people, and now I want to write for myself. I should write things I want to remember, things I treat as lessons I should learn. I think that's the best so when I read my posts later when I'm old, I'll remember the person I used to be, I'll remember things I based my philosophy and thoughts on.

Yes. Okay, first.

I went to a motivation camp for elementary students in Mersing, Johor organized by my mom. As a helper, I've got to spent my time with those lovely but a same time troubled students. They're super naughty, it was really hard controlling them.

It is sad to see 12 years old kids got involved with so many problems. Some of them steal, they hit their friends, they call their friends with names, they don't listen to their teachers, they skip school. They don't want to learn as some of them don't even know how to spell. It may looks simple for us adults, but i ask myself, what will they become in the future if they have that attitude as early as age?

But what makes me feel really sad is that some of their teachers know that this is a real problem, but seems like they think they should put their hands on it. Not all teachers are like this, but some of them perhaps think that teaching equals to paycheck. Nothing more than that.

On the second day, during their sleeping hours, particularly at 2 freaking am, some of them started to play. They threw rubber slippers to their friends who are sleeping and ended up hurting one of them. The boy's ribs area started to swell he cant even move. So as two of their teachers bring that boy to the nearest hospital, we called up the rest of the boys to  line up outside, in the middle of the field, to find out who did it. One male teacher came and started to shout, curse them, called them as a bunch of monkeys and stuff, in front of our eyes. Mom stopped him but he kept on saying stuff.

The thing is, I still cant believe how could a teacher, to his students, said such things. They are not animals. They don't even deserve to be called that names no matter how low they are.

Why?

I am not a teacher, I don't know anything about teaching, or handling kids, but as far as i know, teaching is one of the holiest professions in life. And kids learn from their teacher. But these teachers, of course not all teachers, but numbers of them, they mark the troubled kids. They make them feel distant, they keep scolding them they even cuss them.

They don't care what are these kids' problem. They don't know that these kids are having difficulties at their home, they don't even know some of these kids are fatherless.

So, who should take responsibilities to guide them?

Things like this should change. I remember when I was in my schooling days, I went to many schools, from Melaka to Kedah to Johor, I've transferred to both Grade A and Grade C schools. And it was hideous. The environment was different, the way teachers taught and treated me was also different. I was confused then, but seeing this happened in front of my eyes, while I'm old enough to judge, it frustrates me a lot. 


If I ever end up as a teacher one day, I really hope I don't forget to treat my students as my own children, as my amanah. InsyaAllah. 

Happy Belated Teacher's Day anyway.

No comments: