Bersukarama.


Pak Long, Mak Long, Ibu and Ayah
Masjid Raya Baiturrahman, Acheh


Back in January, Mak Long asked me to bring her on a trip. I asked her where to, and she said she wanted to go to Acheh. Taking this opportunity, I asked my parents to join us. So, last month, we went to Acheh. There were seven of us, Pak Long, Mak Long, Ayah, Ibu, Lye, her husband Lie and me.

Forget about things we did and places we went, I just want to highlight what I got from this trip. I enjoyed this trip the most, because from the moment I arrived in Acheh, until few minutes before we took off from that land, there's this kind of warm feeling, which I can't explained because I don't know how to.

Even though Acheh now, years after Tsunami, is completely developed, the traces of disaster can't be seen except for the ones they keep for tourism purposes, listening to people's stories, in fact, walking on the ground that was once destroyed was really, really, really something.

Fortunately, the place we were staying in is near Masjid Raya Baiturrahman, one of the mosques which claimed to be 'untouched' when the extreme flood swept away almost everything on the ground. So we just walked to the mosque for Subuh prayer, and the moment I stepped inside the mosque, I cried. I felt so small. It is actually similar to other mosques, like the ones in Malaysia, but I myself don't know why I cried so much the moment I performed my sujud


It was really heartwarming. 


Overall, Acheh is one of the perfect places to go if you want to find your heart. Really. And spending times together with people you love, it left you with precious memories you'll treasure in your life.



No comments: