Awfsome, then awsful - squared!

To get a spot in one of the most successful advertising agencies in Malaysia, or even in the world is the best thing that happened in my life. It wasn’t my dream at first, because being a writer is my last resort, I always wanted to be a kindergarten teacher.

Laugh all you can (some people did), but yes, I even told my parents about this, and they smiled, as a sign of approval. They actually don’t mind, and support my decision whatever I am planning to be, my parents. The best! I am still thinking to open one kindergarten once I am stable enough, but we’ll get to that, later in future posts. Planning now means die now.

So yeah, back to the topic. I had fun working here, and still having it. I never thought that writing ads gives me hell lot fun and misery at the same time. You see, I did write poems, I did blogshit (in case you cannot see the whole crap in the posts), but the power of persuasion wasn’t there, because I wrote that for myself. I even have no basic in advertising, so I don’t really know the techniques, or even terms, they are so complex. So, being a newbie with zero knowledge and experience, working here makes me grow fear. Fear of expectation, mostly. I can say I am the youngest here, though they said it’s the best time to start, I still am afraid they might not get enough from me.

But 5 months here already taught me something, do what the hell you need to do. And shut them up if they complain. Everything has its rationale. I don’t believe in competition among teammates (which means colleagues), because if they don’t think that I am able enough, and possess little creativity (This part is when my best friends helped a little bit. Hell no, a lot actually!), they might not even think to prolong my contract at the first place.

Oh, at first I was a graduate trainee for three months, but the titled has been changed to freelance copywriter after the period. Which I believe is one good thing. I hope they can make me permanent as I already fell in love with this field, with this company. Even if they don’t, the base is there, the name can help me to further in this field. So that comforts me. I think.




But the purpose of writing this is because the company is organizing a bowling tournament next Monday to celebrate the creative team for winning the Kancil Awards and bla bla bla and HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO PLAY? The last time I played was a week ago, with cousins, after like 5 years, and I was the second last loser. (LOL really sucks at bowling, and I less suck than her. HAHA.) And the participation is compulsory. Fun trivia, I am going to be in the same team with my big boss. Did you hear me? MY BIG BOSS! Or in this case, did you read me? This is so MOTHERFUCKING atrocious!

I am crying for help, I am going to die in humiliation, and this point of time, I hate Harry Potter and his magic because it isn't real.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Syafa.. aku boleh tolong. Aku lah shalin sulkifli lepas minum jusmate5

Syfa Nisa M said...

Ahaha, mari praktis. Please?

Jap, shalin zulkifli tu pemain boling. Shalin sulkifli aku tak sure siapa.