Relatives and their useless presence.

"Grab somebody sexy tell them heyy,"

Yes, that song has been in my head for at least 2 weeks, and I can't get it out of my head. Nothing to do with the post, though.


Let me tell you a story about how I ended up hating my cousins on my father's side so much and how I prefer spending my lifetime with mine on my mother's side. So okay, let's start with my mother's side. She has 10 siblings, she's the sixth, so imagine how many cousins that I have around my real age? Plenty, but I am close to only four or five of them. We grew up together, we entered university together, we started working together. Catfights were there, we are only human, but we won't go to far from that. You know, when you cross the line and say things that you're not supposed to say. After all, we're good. Until now.

Let's move to my father's side. He's the second last of 14 siblings. He has a younger sister, who is one year younger than him. So relatives from my father's side, they kind of dislike my mother, on certain reasons, I suppose. Because one, my mother is 11 years younger than my father, two, she's from Kuala Lumpur, and I don't know why has that become a problem, first thing first.

So okay, I do have cousins my age, or maybe older and younger few years than me. I don't know, maybe it was their close-mindedness, or maybe because the educational gap between us, or maybe they think there's no use to like me or just simply whatever, caused something like a thin line that limit our relationship to exist. I don't talk much, I don't go out from house, I don't smile often, and I don't say hi to them. So yeah, maybe that's the reason why we don't favor each other.


Anyway, there's a story between me and my aunt's (father's sister) sons.

There are three of them. All are older than me. When we're reaching puberty, entering our teenage life, we stopped talking. I just don't know why. Last time I saw them, was three or four years ago. And nothing came out from our mouth, even though we're standing in front of each other.

What I hate the most is when we no longer talk, they, yes they, started to say things.

I remember when we went back to kampung, when I was like 14 or 15, back then we haven't move to Batu Pahat yet, so yes, there they were, as expected because it was Raya time. The first thing I heard came out from the eldest mouth was "Macam bohsia." in front of my mum as we shook hands. I may consider his rudeness if it was only me who had to listen to it, but in front of my mother? I don't share blood relationship with an asshole. So from that moment, they are the ones that are prohibited in my life. If ever anything happened that might involve family as a matter of fact, I don't think they have my sincere invitation to step into my life, or even my house.

They are simply not my relative anymore.

Last two weeks, they came back and stayed at my another aunt's house, which I didn't get to see them. But knowing that they were there, I told myself one thing, do not ever let go the opportunity to smash one's face whenever you get the chance to do it.

But yes, to punch them faces now is kinda irrational. So I'll just wait till next time.



So yes, having difficulties with your relatives is not something you look forward to in life, but I don't know, life happens like what it is supposed to be. If it meant to be for me not being closer to my father's relative, then its okay, at least I still survive not depending on them.


Sounds selfish, but yes, its what my heart saying.

No comments: