And that's why God forbids suicide.

My cousin told me few days ago, her ex-colleague jumped off an apartment and died after she came back from her boyfriend's funeral.

That was scary.

I remember when I was in difficult times, I love to jump in the train, and just sit in there while it brought me from the beginning of the route until the end, and stay in there for few rounds before jump out of the train.

I love to see people, old people, pregnant women, couples and kids and wondering what's inside their head, what are they thinking, like how many suffer they've been through, and what makes them happy.

I failed to do so every time, of course, because I was so busy thinking about myself. But it did helped. It relieves me every time I get to see people's face. I do know that might not work on some of us, but that works on me. At times, I got jealous, you know, looking at moms smiling at their kids, couples holding hands and things like that, because they're so happy based on the looks on their face. But most of the time, I always blame my judgment that I forgot to realize there's always different side of every story.

Like who knows behind every smile, there's pain of failed marriage, or pain of broken family, or pain of losing someone or pain itself literally, from serious disease that the person might have.

And those survival smiles are really beautiful, indeed.

Since then, I learn to change my perception towards certain things. I know not all kind of pain can be avoided. But what is important for us human being is to accept things that frustrate us and turn them into lessons that teach us that this is life.

And this requires time, a lot of time, I agree. But once you're there, you'll taste the sweetest relief in the world. Just hold on to it. Have faith.

And that's another reason why God forbids suicide, because you won't feel the relief once you've done with the pain if you kill yourself before anything.

Make sense, right?

No comments: