Ignorance is bliss. I second that.

I am super busy all I can write is about work, right now. I was chatting with one new intern just now at the office. I asked her "Do you have a boyfriend?". With poker face she said, "No." So she asked me back with the same question. So I replied with my hand up in the air, "Give me high five."

I am super busy, I didn't realize my heart is empty. I used to be a dreamer and a hoper. But now, December the Second, I am no longer that. Dreams and hopes burden me. I should be real and accept the fact rather than dreaming about Mr Right, I should be thinking about anything else that doesn't involve feelings. Surprisingly, I am happy like this, not really happy I must say, but I am content.

I once said that all I need is companionship, not a real relationship, just a companion, who set his place above the friendship line. But I don't think I need it now. I don't even need a new normal friend, all I have now is enough.

So,

Dear Mr Future,


I know that you're running as fast as you could to get to me. But the thing is, I don't want to screw anything up. I can't afford to screw anything up. So just in case in the middle of your run, you meet someone else, just stop and see whether she's worth a place in your heart. Because I am not sure whether there is actually something I could offer to you.


So, yeah. Maybe you can start slowing down your pace. Or maybe you want to change your direction?




Yours sincerely,

Syafa.


No comments: