Happy New Year

I am a 'good friend' type of a girl.
People see me as someone who they can lean on to, someone who always get their back up whenever they are falling down, and someone who is always be there when there's no one else they could turn to.

I'm fine with it, in fact, I love it.
Because that makes me feel like I'm needed.

But what makes me hate that title is that they always point it out.
Either by actions, or even by words.
It's like they're building a barrier in front of me.
And telling me to the face that I've failed the only chance before I even get to try.

I know, I'm not enough, never will I be enough.
So, just keep that to yourself and don't tell me I'm as good as your good friend only.
Because I'm just a fucking good friend.

Happy New Year.
I'm 27 years old this year.
A hopeless, helpless 27 years old fucking good friend.

No comments: