Bandung, and a hole in my heart.

A view from inside of the angkot, one of public transportations in Bandung,
in the middle of crazy traffic, of course.
And if you can see me in the rear mirror, trying to seduce pakcik angkot.


So yes, this is a post about Bandung.
Too bad I don't have many photos, because we're busy doing some recordings for Sheima's vlog, so I'll just wait for that.

Forget about what we did there during our vacation (you know us girls, Bandung, what else?), I want to talk about the other side of Bandung. I don't really have the correct suitable word for the place. But there's something different about the place. Despite its bad traffic and quite number of populations, I love Bandung because of its weather, the people there, the food (yes, the food!), and the ambiance.

The weather was so good I don't mind living there, its chilly but yet not too cold, even if its sunny.
The people are so nice, ramah-tamah level 16 Zuma.
And the food, the food, ya Allah. I can't stop thinking about their Teh Botol and Es Campur.

But one thing about Bandung, or maybe Indonesia that makes me wonder, is their youth waste.
I'm not saying this in a negative way, but it was sad to see perfect-healthy-probably-smarter-than-I-am teenagers busking at those traffic lights and road junctions. It was also sad seeing kids selling rocks (for the love of God, rocks), newspapers (one kid approached me and said, "Teh, beli korannya teh, buat nambah uang beli buku.") and stuff like that just to get money. They'd do anything to survive the poverty. My heart aches, until now.

Maybe it is due to overpopulation stuff or whatever, but the differences between one caste to another is really obvious we've never seen it anywhere in Malaysia, I swear to God. I feel bad that I sometimes look down on those immigrants, I've failed to remember there's another set of life lower than theirs back in their country, what they do to survive while I, enjoying my life bit to bit without having to worry about money I spend, about time I waste doing nothing and that saddens me to the freaking core.

So yes, that's one thing I won't forget about Bandung. The impact of seeing what I've just wrote above teaches me whole lot, like super I won't ever get it out of my mind. And I appreciate Bandung for that.




I am so gonna go to Bandung, again. In fact, I've bought tickets to Bandung, this April.
This time around, screw shopping, I'm gonna go get another meaning of life.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you amazing blog, do you have twitter, facebook or something similar where i can follow your blog

Sandro Heckler